From October to March the Museum switches to “winter mode”. We are open every second weekend of the month, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Our Retro-Shop will also be open during these times.
During the winter season, we will use trams that do not usually leave the barn very often. They will do special themed trips during our opening weekends (trips and themes may be subject to change) :
- 8 and 9 October 2016: the PCC tram from the 1950s to the 1980s (7065, 7171, 7500)
- 12 and 13 November 2016: the 5000 series, the stars of Expo 1935 (5016, 5018, 5025)
- 10 and 11 December 2016: Brussels’ “new look” old trams (4032, 5018, 9079)
- 14 and 15 January 2017: the zebra stripes of the Museum’s work trams (Barnum 95, 272, standard trams)
- 11 and 12 February 2017: the return of our trams at Parc du Cinquantenaire (346, 428)
- 11 and 12 March 2017: a retro trip to the 1960s and 1970s (7093, bus)
As always, you can count on our “Tram Vin Chaud” during the festive season. Click here for more information.
And, as we do (and hope for) every year: “if it snows, we take a tram out!”. If Brussels wakes up under a snowy carpet on a wintery Sunday, one of our trams will leave the Museum at 2 p.m. sharp, for an unforgettable trip through the Sonian Forest. If and when this happens, you’ll read everything about it on our Facebook page!